Thanksgiving is a tradition for friends and families across the country to get together for dinner enjoy each other’s company and give thanks. One of the staples on the dinner table at my house and I’m sure yours is stuffing (dressing). After transitioning to the Paleo lifestyle my family couldn’t image Thanksgiving dinner without it, so after testing our a few different recipes we created our Snackin’ Free Herbed Paleo Stuffing Cubes (a paleo version of other stuffing mixes), so I could make stuffing with the same recipe I had every year before…just paleo-ized. We hope you enjoy our simple paleo stuffing recipe below that is sure to taste just like mom’s. We wanted to be able to share and enjoy this with all your friends and family just like we will. Happy Holidays!
- 2 medium onions, minced
- 2 -3 stalks celery, chopped fine
- 2 tablespoons clarified butter, avocado oil, or butter flavored shortening
- 2 whole pastured eggs – (omit for vegan version)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon poultry seasoning (optional)
- 2 cups chicken broth, turkey broth or vegetable broth for vegan version
- hot water
- 1 package Snackin’ Free Herbed Paleo Stuffing Cubes
- Preheat the oven to 325° Fahrenheit.
- Sauté onions and celery in clarified butter, avocado oil, or butter flavored shortening.
- Sprinkle onions and celery with poultry seasoning.
- Set aside vegetable mix to cool completely.
- Toss mixture into bowl of Snackin’ Free Herbed Paleo Stuffing Cubes.
- Whisk eggs and pour over mixture and mix thoroughly to combine.
- Add enough broth of choice to make mixture moist but not soggy.
- Place paleo stuffing in a baking dish; cover and bake for 15 to 25 minutes at 325° F.( or refrigerate stuffing overnight and use to stuff your turkey in the morning and cook turkey to recommended temperature.
- Enjoy with your family and friends.